Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lucky

I keep seeing the "Equestrian Prep" Gift Guide at the side of Etsy's homepage (the title of this post links to it), and it always reminds me of my Grandpa, and the tattoo I've been contemplating in his memory. He was really my main positive father figure when I was growing up.

He grew up on a farm and they had horses, and some of them were fabulous beauties that sold for a lot of money. I have an old photo of one of them, I'll try to remember to scan it & post it soon.

I almost got a horseshoe tattoo last year, above my hip, on my back, with his family brand in the middle of the horseshoe. I ducked out of the appointment last minute because a tattoo is sort of, you know, forever, and I was afraid to commit. I was going to do it on his birthday. I've been thinking of it again - at least the horseshoe part for now. His birthday is May 1st. We'll see how I feel closer to the date.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the Equestrian link.
    I grew up with horses cause my mom trained them and taught riding lessons. It was her grandfather that got her into riding at a young age, and she was taught by a man who was trained at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna. I was more of a bareback girl myself. I love horses, grandpas and horseshoes, but I loath anything sharp and needle-like coming close to my skin.
    I would love to see a picture of your grandfather's horses!
    Man, I'm sorry I left such a painfully long comment - Have a lovely week sweet Stina!

    ReplyDelete

XOXO