Friday, March 13, 2009

Psyche & Cupid ♥


[Jacques Louis David]


So I wanted to share this book with you: it is called "Cupid: A Tale of Love and Desire" and it is by Julius Lester. It is based on the Greek/Roman myth of Cupid (Amor, Eros) and Psyche. Since I love me a good fairytale or myth, I'm all in.

When I first started reading this book I wasn't sure I would like it because it's a different style than anything I usually read. However, I got into it. I love it because it fleshes out the characters more than in the myth (obviously, as it's a novel) and gives them more/better reasons for their actions. It's cool because it brings in other gods and goddesses to flesh out the story, and it's kind of nifty in the way the author editorializes and gives little love & life lessons along the way throughout the story.

If mythology is your thing, or you like a good love story, or maybe you feel it never hurts to get a bit of advice, I suggest you check it out. I think it's an especially good book for pre-teens/teens.
xo.

[Antonio Canova]

No comments:

Post a Comment

XOXO