Monday, May 12, 2008

Eat your Greens






Today I potted and planted. I potted a basil plant and a chocolate mint plant which smells divine. Chocolate mint is apparently a good garnish for ice cream and desserts: as if the name "chocolate mint" wasn't reason enough to buy it. I planted some "Parmex" carrots and sunflower seeds in peat pots. The carrots are round and chubby like radishes, or they will be if they grow... I also planted an English Daisy outside, just because they're so cute. They look like buttons.
I love growing things, especially when the plants are useful in some way, like their juice heals cuts or they make a tasty salad. The only problem is that once I get the plant and watch it grow, I hate to cut it. I often don't make much use of them, I just show them off and coo at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

XOXO